The aging historic facades of this Hyde Park institution were rapidly failing to prevent the natural elements from causing increasingly costly damage to the building.
H|A|G was enlisted to investigate and determine the amount and quality of damage to the building. Our services included:
- An accurate close up, hands-on, 100% scaffold inspection of all building facades.
- The determination of spot inspection openings, made to further verify and document suspect construction conditions.
- The collection of an organized high-resolution digital image archive of the entire inspection for the owner’s records.
- The creation of computerized “Facade Maps” for each building elevation, which charted the exact location and quality for each type of defect observed for the owner’s records.
- Preparation of a comprehensive Critical Examination Report, per City of Chicago Building Department requirements.